- Author of chapter: An exploratory study of cross-cultural engagement in the Community of Inquiry:instructor perspectives and challenges (VLADIMIRSCHI, V., 2012) in AKYOL,Z. & GARRISON, D.R. (Eds.). Educational Communities of Inquiry: Theoretical Framework, Research and Practice (pp. 466-489). doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-2110-7. Here is the link to access my thesis.
- Guest speaker at 6th National Conference of Distance Education: “Andragogy and Distance Learning” –SENAED/Associação Brasileira de Educação a Distância (ABED)(Brazilian Association of Distance Education) – Gramado, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, April 2008.
- Speaker at the 13th International Conference of Distance Education with the work: “Research of the Factors that Influence Student Retention and Success Rate in Distance Education Courses” – Associação Brasileira de Educação a Distância (ABED)(Brazilian Association of Distance Education) – Curitiba, Parana, Brazil, September 2007.
- Speaker at the 1st Athabasca University Faculty of Graduate Studies Conference (AUFGS) with the work: “ An exploratory study of cross-cultural engagement in the Community of Inquiry: instructor perspectives and challenges”, Edmonton – Alberta – Canada, September 2012.
- Recipient of the 2012 Graduate Level Student Travel Awards, Athabasca University, Alberta, Canada,August 2012.
- Panel member for CIDER(Canadian Initiative for Distance Education Research) webinars series with the topic:“ Cultural presence in diverse online environments”, Alberta, Canada, October 2014. If you are interested, you can watch the presentation or view the slides for this presentation